During these uncertain times, it can be difficult to feel like you have adequate support in your health journey. To address this, Ruby Health and Wellness has created virtual nutrition classes for adults. The best nutrition class is the one that address your individual concerns. Take a look at the current offering and check back often to see what’s available!
Sometimes Taking Control Means Letting Go
Radically Open Dialectic (RO-DBT) is a type of breakthrough therapy designed to treat clients with over-control disorders like chronic depression, anorexia nervosa, and obsessive compulsive disorder (also known as OCD). We have found it very helpful in when working with clients in many settings. This class focuses on using RO-DBT to improve awareness and improve flexibility for those who have triggers for emotional eating, body image stress or binge eating patterns.
Is This Class Right for Me? What do you learn in nutrition class?
This class can help with many everyday food patterns:
- Black/white thinking about “good”/”bad” foods
- Compulsively planning every single food
- Struggling to clean the kitchen
- Thoughts/fears that you may be the only one with certain food struggles
- Rigidly controlling food all day, and overeating at night
- Unable to feel hunger or fullness except at extremes
- Struggling to go out to eat at a new restaurant
This virtual class will focus on how these patterns may sometimes get in the way of a healthy relationship with food and undermine self-care.
- Empowerment through building a personalized self-care toolbox Awareness of how stressors impact nervous system regulation, which in turn affects food choices
- A mindfulness model for setting boundaries rather than “eating your feelings.”
- Flexibly respond to food situations with support from skills drawn from Radically Open-DBT
- Challenge rigid, black and white thinking that leads to rumination, self-doubt, and burnout with food choices
- Hunger/fullness awareness and steps toward greater trust for your body finding balance and flexibility with ALL food groups
- Navigating food based on your needs and core values using mindfulness Greater confidence in how and why you eat the way you eat
- Self-reflection tools that foster ongoing learning
Recent Attendies have this to say:
“For someone who has lived overcontrolled, this class was incredibly helpful and provided actionable tools to help add flexibility and openness into my life. Would definitely attend again 11/10”
“This class brings awareness to well-worn patterns and ways of thinking, and encourages participants to have curiosity and perform gentle inquiry.”
“This class helped me immensely; learning to become more flexible in my relationships with food and movement as well as (starting to) love and accept my whole self. It feels like a fresh start.”
“This class will help you become more self aware. It will help you unlearn lessons that you didn’t know you had learned. It will improve your relationship with food.”
Sessions Led by:
Body Positive Nutritionist, Coach
Ruby Health and Wellness
Get on the waiting list for the next session of this class!
Check back often to find more class offerings!