During these uncertain times, it can be difficult to feel like you have adequate support in your health journey. To address this, Ruby Health and Wellness has created virtual nutrition classes for adults. The best nutrition class is the one that address your individual concerns. Take a look at the current offering and check back often to see what’s available!
Sometimes Taking Control Means Letting Go
Radically Open Dialectic (RO-DBT) is a type of breakthrough therapy designed to treat clients with over-control disorders like chronic depression, anorexia nervosa, and obsessive compulsive disorder (also known as OCD). We have found it very helpful in when working with clients in many settings. This class focuses on using RO-DBT to improve awareness and improve flexibility for those who have triggers for emotional eating, body image stress or binge eating patterns.
Is This Class Right for Me? What do you learn in nutrition class?
This class can help with many everyday food patterns:
- Black/white thinking about “good”/”bad” foods
- Compulsively planning every single food
- Struggling to clean the kitchen
- Thoughts/fears that you may be the only one with certain food struggles
- Rigidly controlling food all day, and overeating at night
- Unable to feel hunger or fullness except at extremes
- Struggling to go out to eat at a new restaurant
This virtual class will focus on how these patterns may sometimes get in the way of a healthy relationship with food and undermine self-care.
- Empowerment through building a personalized self-care toolbox Awareness of how stressors impact nervous system regulation, which in turn affects food choices
- A mindfulness model for setting boundaries rather than “eating your feelings.”
- Flexibly respond to food situations with support from skills drawn from Radically Open-DBT
- Challenge rigid, black and white thinking that leads to rumination, self-doubt, and burnout with food choices
- Hunger/fullness awareness and steps toward greater trust for your body finding balance and flexibility with ALL food groups
- Navigating food based on your needs and core values using mindfulness Greater confidence in how and why you eat the way you eat
- Self-reflection tools that foster ongoing learning
Lynae Smith, RDN, LD, CPC
Body Positive Nutritionist, Coach
Ruby Health and Wellness
Check back often to find more class offerings!